Become an Instructor of this “Best Practice” Relationship Skills Course!
“Within Our Reach™ 8 Hours” 2-Day Instructor Training
Taught by Bill Coffin, Healthy Relationships CA Staff Member & PREP® Trainer
Within Our Reach (8 hours), developed and copyrighted by PREP, Inc., condenses the material from Within Our Reach to walk couples through the application of relationship skills that heighten the quality of their union, including: fostering improved communication, managing expectations, and devoting themselves to a mutual commitment and support. “You’ll enjoy teaching this course to others!”
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers couples to…
• Learn to replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
• Explore sharing fun and satisfying intimate needs by working as a team to nurture and support each other.
• Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship
• Recognize and communicate issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
• Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
• Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment.
What’s Unique About Within Our Reach – 8 Hours? Time is short. Couples and facilitators are looking to make the most of the little time they have and WOR (8 hours) is helping them do just that. This curriculum pares down the bare essentials of Within Our Reach and delivers the skeletal frame of the same engaging curriculum in less time.
Participant Driven: Within Our Reach – 8 hours includes over 22 activities & moves away from the traditional lecture format to help engage busy couples in the actual application of the themes presented.
This training program is offered through the support of HHS/ACF and Healthy Relationships California (www.relationshipsca.org)
While helpful for many relationship issues, this program is NOT intended for treatment of domestic violence, drug or alcohol abuse or other addictions.
Please dial 211 or the Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233) for help with these issues.
When: Saturday & Sunday, April 27-28
8:30am to 5:00pm both days
Where: Comfort Inn & Suites (Meeting Room 1)
8452 Edes Ave., Oakland, CA 94621
(off Hwy 880 near Hegenberger Rd.)
Cost: $100 (includes Instructor Manual, lunch, refreshments) – Refundable!*
Pre-requisites to Attend the Training:
1) Sign and submit the “Facilitator Candidate Registration and Letter of Agreement” between Trainee Applicant and Healthy Relationships California, the sponsoring organization. *The training cost is $100 but is refundable once you teach the course according to HRC guidelines to a minimum of 6 couples (or 12 people) within 6 months of having completed the training. To receive a copy of this registration form and letter of agreement, email Shelece McAllister at email@example.com.
2) Schedule date(s) for your first WOR-8 Hours class.
To Register: Email: Shelece@relationshipsca.org or call 719-229-6211
For more information, contact Bento Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-333-3478
Up to 10 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are available by attending this 2-day training. This training is a joint effort between Bento Leal and Sylvia Palda, M.S., M.A., LMFT who is approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences to offer continuing education to MFTs and LCSWs. CE Provider # PCE4866.